This Schumacher Battery Chargers features a patented SpeedCharge technology that actively monitors the charge acceptance and constantly modifies the charge output. It charges the battery up to 3 times faster than conventional battery chargers without damaging the battery. Battery pre-sets include conventional, agm/gel, leisure & stop/start batteries. A built in automatic shut-off is included as standard. Automatic voltage detection determines if the charger is connected to a 6V or 12V battery. This Charger also has Reverse Hook-Up Protection which means the charger will not operate if the clamps are reversed on the battery terminal.
- Charges small batteries and keeps stored lead-acid batteries charged
- LED indicators Power/ Connected/ Charging/ Charged and Voltage/ Current/ Percentage
- Extends battery life ─ up to 2 years longer
- Charges 3 Times Faster Than Normal Battery Chargers
- Charges all all types of 12V lead-acid batteries (WET, MF, Ca/Ca, AGM and GEL)
- Battery charging capacity - 5–120Ah and up to 200Ah for maintenance
- Microprocessor controlled ─ multi-stage charging for added precision, safety and battery life
- Float mode monitoring ─ automatically maintains optimum battery charge
- Auto voltage detection ─ 6 or 12 volt batteries
- Reverse hook-up protection ─ helps prevent damage to battery and charger
- Carry handle ─ carry from job to job or hang outside the work area, for safety and convenience
- Schumacher SCI10 battery charger/maintainer
- Battery clamp ( aligator ) connection
- Owners manual
AUTOMATIC CHARGING MODE
When an Automatic Charge is performed, the charger switches to the Maintain Mode automatically after the battery is charged. For a battery with a starting voltage under 1 volt ( overdischarged ) it is recommended to link in pararlell with a fully charged battery of the same voltage to try and raise the voltage above the chargers thrshold start charge voltage.
If charging cannot be completed normally, charging will abort. When charging aborts, the charger’s output is shut off, the yellow/orange CHARGING aborted charge, unplug the charger from the AC outlet, wait a few moments and plug it back in.
If the battery is left discharged for an extended period of time, it could become sulfated and not accept a normal charge. If the charger detects a sulfated battery, the charger will switch to a special mode of operation designed for such batteries. If successful, normal charging will resume after the battery is desulfated. Desulfation could take up to 8 hours. If desulfation fails, charging will abort, and the yellow/orange led will flash .
COMPLETION OF CHARGE
Charge completion is indicated by the green CHARGED LED. When pulsing, the charger has switched to the Maintain Mode of operation.
MAINTAIN MODE (FLOAT-MODE MONITORING)
When the green CHARGED LED is pulsing , the charger has started Maintain Mode. In this mode, the charger keeps the battery fully charged by delivering a small current when necessary.
NOTE: If the charger has to provide its maximum maintain current for a continuous 12 hour period, it will go into Abort Mode (see Aborted Charge section). This is usually caused by a drain on the battery, or the battery could be bad. Make sure there are no loads on the battery. If there are, remove them. If there are none, have the battery checked or replaced.
MAINTAINING A BATTERY
The SCI10 maintains 6 and 12 volt batteries, keeping them at full charge. NOTE: The maintain mode technology allows you to safely charge and maintain a healthy battery for extended periods of time. However, problems with the battery, electrical problems in the vehicle, improper connections or other unanticipated conditions could cause excessive current draws. As such, occasionally monitoring your battery and the charging process is recommended.